Saturday, September 6, 2008

6th Birthday and "After" of Laundry Room

Our son turned 6 today!!!!! It's hard to believe he's already six. Here are some shots from his party at home. He's still in his p.j.'s because he opened them at 8 a.m.--a great way to start the day! :) Tomorrow, he's having a party with his friends at Andy Alligators, so I'll post more pictures then.





And, finally after 4 weekends, I have finished the laundry room!!! I had to re-route the dryer vent thru 3 walls and replace the electrical cord in the dryer with one that was longer so that we could stack the dryer onto the washer (Dan is strong!). I would have liked to have had the w/d all the way over to the left, but they don't make a dryer cord any longer. I made use of that space to the left anyway. I tried to take a picture of it, but it was too close to get a good shot. It's so nice to be organized and to have an actual place to hang our clothes now! This more than doubled the storage space as well.



4 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday to your little boy :) ! My son just turned 6 too.

Nichole said...

Happy birthday!! Birthdays are so much fun!

I am super impressed with your laundry room! There is no way I could ever reroute a dryer vent! You go girl!!

Mama Fish said...

Hi Dan and Holly- We are alos adopting from Russia through the same agency. I just haven't posted an intro yet on the group board, but I will as soon as I have time to breathe! You can check out our blog here: www.stepbystep2russia.blogspot.com

Tamara said...

Wow ... Amy Winn eat your heart out! There just doesn't seem any end to your skill sets. And, it's good that Dan's so strong. He'll need that for lugging all your 'stuff' through Moscow especially since your daughter has five outfits a day for thirty days to get through her "Just Out of the Baby Home but Still in Moscow" wardrobe ;) Love the laundry room! Tamara