Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Whew, we have been busy, busy, busy making plans! We found out a week ago that we are finally going to Russia, but it's been a whirlwind of activity getting our accommodations, plane tickets and visas taken care of. Not to mention we are also in the midst of updating our home study and gathering paperwork (medical exams, police clearances, etc.) for the trip and oh, yeah working and taking care of normal every day things.


Here are some photos of our son. As you can see, he has a little bit of energy! These were taken after the Jog-A-Thon at school which he was so excited about. They jogged around the school for about 20 mins., wearing a device on their ankles to record how many laps they did. Sounds awful to me, but he talked and talked about it for weeks before and is still talking about it. It does raise a lot of money for the school, so that's good. If I were him, I'd just find out how much it would take for me to not have to do it and get out the checkbook!


Jumping!



And this is the completed high chair that I have been working on for a long time. I hand tooled the spindles from the cherry trees we grow out back and then hand carved the seat and tray with a chisel. Yeah, right! Had you goin' there for a minute, didn't I? I did get it at a consignment store for $25, glued some of the joints and tightened some screws, painted it, added a cushion from Penney's made just for highchairs and bought a safety strapped purchased online. Wooded highchairs new are about $125 so this was a good deal, plus it matches the kitchen perfectly. Now, we just need to add that baby! :)



We will be keeping details about our referral and trip very general and will be making this blog private at some point, if we decide to blog while in Russia. We very much appreciate the well wishes and prayers from everyone as we embark on this very exciting time! :)

6 comments:

Chandra said...

I bet you are busy! I can't wait to see you travel, so exciting that you should be home by Christmas with your new daughter!

Heather Brandt said...

I hope your trip to Russia goes well and that you meet the daughter God has planned for your family! If your blog goes private, I'd love to continue following your journey.

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
heatherlbrandt (at) verizon (dot) net

Nichole said...

Great job on the highchair!! I did believe you for a minute, if you can hook up a dryer vent surely you could widdle a highchair!! LOL

Mama Fish said...

I LOVE the highchair... I'm all about great deals like that and updating them to work for our house. So excited for your travel plans!

Nancy said...

Hope all is going well!

When you go private, I would also like to follow along. www.novokbb2@yahoo.com. But, I do understand . . . my blog will also have to go private at some point when I am traveling (hopefully soon!).

I know this is such an exciting time for you!! Enjoy!!!

Nancy

hope2adopt said...

I would love to see pictures of your daughter-will you go public again when she comes home? Best of luck!