Friday, September 12, 2008

Hallmark Channel Adoption Stories Online


I just added the link to the series on all types of adoption that the Hallmark Channel did in 2002 to the blog (right side below "About Us"). If you click on "Episode Guide" it gives a summary of all of the shows. Number 7, 12 and 13 are specifically about Russian adoption, however, they are all very good.
Number 13 in particular is about a place called "The Ranch" that helps internationally adopted kids who's parents need respite from the child or who's parents have made the devastating decision to disrupt the adoption.
The director, Joyce Sterkel, and her family run a farm that helps kids heal as they live in the country and contribute to the farm responsibilities, giving the parents a break from the trials some adoptive journeys have. Joyce has adopted some of the kids who's parents could no longer care for them due to many reasons, as you'll see in that episode. She is incredible in her ability to help these kids heal.
Whatever story you watch, grab a Kleenex, you'll be needing it! :) They are all incredible, heartwarming journeys.

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Thanks for the tip, Holly. I knew about those, but hadn't thought of them since we switched to Russia.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Hi Holly!
So glad to find your blog! I can't wait to hear about your upcoming news!!!

Thanks for all of your advice and your support!

Joy!
Carolynn

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com said...

No problem, Carolynn! I'm happy to help! I've sure had people helping me along the way (Tamara, Jules, Tracy, Jena, Nichole, Shelle and I'd like to thank the Academy, oh, wait, I'm not getting an award...I'm sure I'm leaving people out!!!). Keep me posted on your situation!

Holly

Anonymous said...

i watched like almost all of these thanks to your link! i used to LOVE watching adoption story!!

my favorite is the last one, where the lady takes in the older Russian children from disrupted adoptions, onto her gorgeous ranch in Montana. also the one about the foster children & the senior citizens is especially touching :)