Friday, January 23, 2009

What rhymes with "orange?"

Cassi has grown noticeabley oranger (new word) as in Oompa Loompa orange, since being home. Hmmmm...could it be because the second ingredient on just about every jarred baby food is oh, I don't know, CARROTS!!! It's in lasagna, spaghetti, you name it!
So, we have been cutting back on her baby food and increasing her finger food options by leaps and bounds, with the goal of no more baby food. Baby food is much easier than real food, but they obviously had feeding rabbits in mind when they formulated the stuff. Carrots must be really cheap, so they plump up the contents that way.
Cassi much prefers finger foods anyway and sniff, sniff, it's time for her to move onto bigger and better food options. She loves fish sticks, mandarin oranges (I don't think they will cause orange-itis, but if I'm wrong, please correct me), cereal bars, yogurt, mixed veggies, you name it!


In Russia, pre-carrot based diet...we are searching, searching the labels for carrots...They had the best flavor of Lay's called Mushroom Onion---delicious!!!


Home for about 2 weeks, bring on the carrots.

Ahhhh, what's up doc???

As a side benefit, Cassi can see a hummingbird's wings beat from 20 miles.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

That is sooo funny that you blogged about this. I just asked someone the other day if Vera looked kind of jaundice. I bet it is the baby food! Hilarious! My mom said that both my sister and I turned orange when we were little from eating so many carrots.

Vera is turning down the baby food now, so I don't think I will have to worry about her orange-itis. It is kind of sad becaus the baby food is so much easier!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

She'll be here all night folks!
LOL
That last line was funny!!!
hee hee