Saturday, January 24, 2009

Orange Update

Okay, so I looked it up and it's apparently pretty harmless to turn orange from too much beta carotene. Here's a list of foods, for fellow orange babies, that are rich in beta carotene that you may want to reduce, unless you like that orange "tan:"

Betacarotene is found in many orange foods, including sweet potatoes, carrots, cantaloupe, squash, apricots, pumpkin, and mangos. Some green leafy vegetables including collard greens, spinach, and kale are also rich in beta-carotene.

It apparently takes a while for the orangeocity to go away. Some women pay big bucks to be orange in the winter months, so maybe we are on to something here.

And, Amy, yes, thank you, thank you, I will be here all week! lol!

2 comments:

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

It's nice to find someone who "gets" my humor!
Most people just pass me off as a dork! ha ha
Maybe we can be dorks together.LOL
When we were in Russia, Brent and I would get silent stares when we would try to be funny.
We cracked each other up though!!
Like I said....dorks!
~amy

Carolynn and Steve said...

I'm so glad to hear that this is pretty common...and relatively easy to deal with. I'll date myself and tell you that I remember reading that Susan Dey from the Partridge Family had this problem because she was trying to stay ridiculously skinny by eating only carrots. Glad to hear that things are good with you!