Monday, January 26, 2009

A Skate of Emergency and I've Been "Book Tagged"

Apparently we are under a "skate" of emergency from this ice storm. School has already been cancelled for tomorrow, which we all know, they don't usually do until 7:59 a.m. the day of, so it must be bad to cancel it a full 18 hours in advance!



Also, my buddy Tamara "book tagged" me. I think it's hilarious, kind of like, tell me the last time you got to have a complete thought or got to speak a sentence, uninterrupted by crucial details about a pivotal Sponge Bob episode.

I'm supposed to grab the first book nearest me, not one I'm actually ready. So, let's see, that would be the printer manual or my address book, which probably doesn't even have 56 pages.

The rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!!
6. Tag five (or more) other people to do the same!
Okay, here goes: Page 56 is actually blank, so here's 57.

You can start a scan from your computer or from your HP All-in-One. This section explains how to scan from the control panel of the HP All-in-One only.

For information about how to scan from the computer, and how to adjust, resize, rotate, crop, and sharpen your scans, see the onscreen HP Image Zone Help that came with your software.

SNOOORE!!!! Only during an ice storm would that seem remotely interesting!!! Ironically, I had to scan some receipts for work today and was trying to do it the most efficient way with the lowest resolution and, what do you know, I didn't read this book and managed to figure it out after a few tries. If I had, there might have been a death due to scanning reported on the new coverage of Ice Storm, 2009.

Tag, you're it:
1) Nichole
2) Amy (I know you've been doing some actual reading, so this should be good!)
3) Barbara
4) Tracy
5) Tanya

Happy readin'!

No comments: