Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Feelin' Good and First PPR Appointment (already?)

Thank you to everyone for your concerns about Kai! He is waaaay better today! :) He is eating normally and pretty much back to his normal energy level (which is HIGH! LOL!). His ears no longer hurt and no more, yuck, vomiting. Janine, a new poster, pointed out, why do these things have to happen in the middle of a night (and on a holiday!) and I have no idea! :P I think we decided that Kai is allergic to codeine. He only had one dose and, man, he was sick from it for a good 12 hours. Things have to be on the upswing at the Patterson household now, right?

Anyway, thank God Cassi didn't get sick because I think that would have sent me over the motherhood threshold of tolerance. It's really hard when they are babies and can't tell you what's wrong. She has only had one cold since being home. I just can't believe how resilient babies are, considering all that she's been through.

Also, on a side note, we have our first post placement report appointment set up! I was nervous because our SW agency was on "the list," but apparently that is now only applying to home studies and not PPR's, but don't quote me on that. Cassi has been home for 4 1/2 months!!! That's so hard to believe! Our PPR appt. is next week and needs to be to Lighthouse Adoptions by the end of the month so it can make it to Russia next month.

Again, thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers! Now, let's all get together and help me get a job! :)

1 comment:

nybogi said...

So happy to hear that Kai is feeling better and Cassi didn't catch it. We have our PPR appointment next week too. I can't believe that we are here already. :-) Hope all is well.

-Barbara