Monday, April 27, 2009

100th Post!

Wow, I can't believe this is the 100th post! I thought I would celebrate by listing the top 100 things I love about my kids. I will try to limit it to only 100. Okay, okay, that might not be the most interesting thing to everyone, so I will post pictures from our recent trip to see relatives in SE Missouri. This was Cassi's first long car trip. She and Kai were great, as long as we kept them going with snacks, movies, toys and Vaudeville acts.

There were 10 cousin's there from the age of 16 months to 13 years old to play with! Mostly boys, too! They all had a blast. The big fun was to ride the big wheels down the hill, going what they thought was surely 100 m.p.h.
Preparing for take off...
Cassi watching the kids go down the big hill
Gettin' the heck outta there!
We also got them some giant balloons and they loved those (well, until they popped and they didn't love that so much).
Kai and his cousin's in their best action poses, at least that's what I told them to do...
There were also (at a very slow rate of speed) four wheeler rides and pick up truck rides (in the 70's and 80's those were considered safe, remember the good ole' days? They were all seated and supervised, unlike in olden times).
Kai, my brother's boys and my brother. My uncle is driving.
On the last night, we had a cookout and the kids made s'mores. Yum!!! Cassi was safely inside in a highchair with my Mom during this segment.

Cassi eating her first s'more, inside like a civilized person

Checkin' out my brother's shoe--wow!

Cassi in her new pink hippo crocs that my sister-in-law got her---she LOVES these shoes! :)

Kai and his cousin's hangin' in the garage

She looks like she should be wearing high heels, like she's going some where important--lol!

On the loose! :)

3 comments:

nybogi said...

It's so funny. I just Dagny her very first Crocs this past weekend and she LOVES them too. She gets all excited when I put them on her. Our girls are sooo alike, its crazy. Tell Cassi that Dagny says "HI!!!"

Nichole said...

Vera just got her first Crocs this last week, too! Vera would rather go shoeless, so she isn't fond of any type of shoe right now. I am sure that will change! Looks like a lot of fun memories were made in MO!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I have been following your blog for a while and I don't know if you remember, but we emailed for a while when I switched agencies last fall. I had a blog..Journey to the Princess Frog and went private when I made the switch to our new agency. We just got home on Good Friday with our new little sweetie pie.

I just wanted to say that your little girl is getting so big and she is just beautiful. I looks like you had a wonderful trip!

Kristine