Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our Big Kid Kindergartner!

First Day of Kindergarten (should have gotten a little closer, but at that hour, I'm lucky he was in the frame!)


Well, it had to happen. Our son is now a big ole' kindergartner! We both took him to school (which starts at the crack of dawn --- 7:55 a.m.!) and got him situated in his new class. His teacher is very nice and there was tranquil music playing to ease the transition from home to "real life!" He had a great day and is ready to go back tomorrow. Who wouldn't love getting a Skittles every time you do what you are told and having chicken nuggets for lunch? His first project was to draw a picture of what he liked most about summer. He drew a picture of himself swinging on his new play set. He has little blisters on his hands from swinging so much! :)

No word yet on when we will make Trip 1, so stay tuned...

2 comments:

Tamara said...

How wonderful! I may have Nathan implement the Skittles and nuggets reward system at our house. I think I'd be so much more motivated! So glad he loved his first day. Of course, what's not to love about kindergarten. Sigh ... good times, good times. Tamara

Nancy said...

My son started Kdgn this year too. They grow so fast don't they? Glad your son enjoyed the 1st day. My son did as well! But, Kdgn is just so much FUN, right?

I've been following along with your blog to see when you get that awesome "call". I'm impatiently waiting as well. It is supposed to be any day.

tick, tock, tick, tock!

Hope you hear very, very soon!