Friday, May 1, 2009

PPR Has Left The Building and Another Layoff...

Yay! I got the first of 4 post placement reports apostilled and mailed off to Lighthouse today! Then, when all was looking better in our world, Dan was laid of his new job of 5 weeks today and I'm still looking, so we are back at the starting line again. :(

Cassi turned 17 months 2 days ago and I don't know if it's because girls are way more advanced than boys at fine motor skills (which is what "they" say) or if she is even more advanced than that. She is sitting by me putting 2 toddler Legos together and pulling them apart, over and over gain. Kai was about 3 before he could do that! So, again, I don't know if it's just the difference between boys and girls (she is doing things way before Kai, i.e. zipping zippers, erasing the Magnadoodle after writing with the pen, opening and closing her sippy cup top, etc.) or what.

I'm glad it's the weekend. I'm taking a break from reality for 2 whole days! :P

4 comments:

Nichole said...

That is just incredibly insane! Praying for you. Enjoy your 2 days off from reality, you deserve it!

Jeanette said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the job situation. I hope things turn around fast for you both. Yea for Cassie!!!

nybogi said...

I think it's one of two things; it might be a girl thing or we have some smart cookies on our hands, because Dagny is doing the same things. She LOVES her legos and building blocks. Since she is my first child, I am not sure what the norm is at this age. I love it all!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I am so sorry to hear about the layoffs...

On another note, glad to hear that your first PPR is done...that is always a great milestone for adoptions! Cassie is just precious.