Friday, May 15, 2009

Can it be true? Is it really here?

IT'S FINALLY SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candy Lou Lou, Cassi and Peppy

Finally, we are able to play outside!!! It's been raining and raining here or too cold and windy to get outside. Cassi is walking well enough now that she can traverse the backyard and just has a ball exploring! I can actually pull a few weeds, etc. while she and Kai play. Kai loves having a playmate! :)

Cassi trying to tickle her own tummy.


Cassi and Peppy
Mowing the "grass" (ignore the "grass"--we don't spray the backyard since the kids run around barefooted in it--it's on its own and I can't help it otherwise if it has failure to thrive!)

She's a climber!


Trying to get a cute shot of Kai on the playset, Take 1
Take 2
Take 3, I give up! :P I will spare you the other 2000 shots!

Kai only has about a week and a half of school left and then he will be a big 1st grader---what? Where did the time go??? We planted a watermelon plant that he's in charge of this summer. This is our first foray into farming, so we'll see how it goes. The label says that we should have watermelon in 75 days.
Grow, baby, grow!

3 comments:

nybogi said...

Yay, for good weather.
Kai and Cassi are adorable. They look like they are having a blast. I can't over how big Cassi is getting.

Nichole said...

Yay for Spring! Cassi is getting so big and I think the shots of Kai that you got ARE adorable.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Your kids are just precious!

I love the pics with the lawn mower. We have 3 of those and all the kids get them going when I mow and it is so fun!

I've never tried to grow a watermelon before...hmmm, sounds like a great family project. We are working on strawberries at our house right now.

Always enjoy reading your blog!

Kristine