Friday, December 19, 2008

Bloodwork

ARGH! I took Cassi to get her blood work this morning and it was awful! They tried both arms and hands and only got enough blood for only one of the tests! The main thing we wanted to test for are titers for the vaccines she had while in Russia to be sure they took. She was soooo upset, to put it mildly. I had a full blown migraine by the time we left. I'm not sure what we are supposed to do now, but I'm not putting her thru that again. We did take the wrist x-ray before that to see if she still has rickets, so at least that was accomplished. She doesn't seem any worse for wear, but I'm still trying to recover...

2 comments:

Nichole said...

That is the worst!! It is so hard to watch your child go through that. There is numbing creme that a doctor can prescribe, I don't know if that will help. I think it is harder on the mom than the child, I hope you recover soon.

Heather Brandt said...

I'm just getting caught up on your blog and I've loved reading all your good news and seeing the adorable photos! I'm glad to hear all has gone well and your daughter is home. If you ever have a chance, I'd love to hear by email how your experience was with your agency.

We are still in Moscow waiting to return to the U.S. with our son. Our agency requires us to register him with the Russian consulate before we leave which means we stay until 12/24. heatherlbrandt (at) verizon (dot) net

God bless,

Heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com