Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cassi's First 4th! :)

A year ago this weekend, another family was carrying our paperwork to Moscow for us. They were on their way to meet their baby boy. Our journey with Lighthouse Adoptions was just starting and we hoped to have our baby girl home by the end of 2008. I remember going to watch fireworks that weekend, and thinking of the dossier on its way. I looked up at the moon and said, "That is the same moon that our baby girl can see in Russia. This time next year, she will be home!" And, it was so. She has been home for 7 months and is now 19 months old! :)



Here are pictures from today (they say the 4th, but apparently the date is wrong in my camera). Why not yesterday? It RAINED! Not only rain, but lightening and thunder for hours last night. It hadn't rained in about 2 weeks here and it picked last night to rain. Our lawn (well, what's left of it--it's been so hot!) and flowers loved it though. It was not the first 4th of July I had pictured for Cassi. We were going to go to an area that doesn't have a lot of people that is close enough to see the fireworks display, but they aren't too loud. Oh, well...



We took these pictures that we took this morning on our way to church. They turned out pretty cute considering we had all of 30 seconds to take them! Also, some of the neon blue Rice Crispy treats with sprinkles that we made to take to the display last night that didn't happen. I also made ice cream sundaes that I froze and was going to take those in a cooler. The kids enjoyed them anyway, running around the living room like wild banshees last night, listening to a song Kai loves from the internet called, "I'm A Gummy Bear." It was still a fun day, preparing the treats and all.



I bought this little outfit for Cassi last year on clearance after the 4th. It just fits! :) Kai with blue Rice Crispy treats

Good thing I took a picture, because these are history now!
Hope everyone had a great 4th! :) We sure did!

4 comments:

Nichole said...

That is the cutest 4th of July outfit! So adorable. Our 4th didn't turn out like we thought it would either. It rained all day and Vera slept at my mom's through the fireworks. I tried to get her up for them, but knew it wouldn't be worth it. Happy 4th of July, anyway!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Absolutely precious! Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Amy said...

The best laid plans.... right?

We LOVE the Gummibear song! FYI - you can get the CD on Amazon, but DON'T waste your $$ on the DVD. LAME!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

I did the SAME thing with the clearance 4th of July clothes.
Shoot, I only buy things heavily reduced. The thrill of the hunt, right? ;)
Is Cassi ALWAYS that happy?
Every pic I have seen she has the biggest smile.
What a doll!!!